Monday, March 30, 2009

Human desires are like the world of the dead


Pro 27:1 Never boast about tomorrow. You don't know what will happen between now and then.
Pro 27:2 Let other people praise you---even strangers; never do it yourself.
Pro 27:3 The weight of stone and sand is nothing compared to the trouble that stupidity can cause.
Pro 27:4 Anger is cruel and destructive, but it is nothing compared to jealousy.
Pro 27:5 Better to correct someone openly than to let him think you don't care for him at all.
Pro 27:6 Friends mean well, even when they hurt you. But when an enemy puts his arm around your shoulder---watch out!
Pro 27:7 When you are full, you will refuse honey, but when you are hungry, even bitter food tastes sweet.
Pro 27:8 Anyone away from home is like a bird away from its nest.
Pro 27:9 Perfume and fragrant oils make you feel happier, but trouble shatters your peace of mind.
Pro 27:10 Do not forget your friends or your father's friends. If you are in trouble, don't ask a relative for help; a nearby neighbor can help you more than relatives who are far away.
Pro 27:11 Be wise, my child, and I will be happy; I will have an answer for anyone who criticizes me.
Pro 27:12 Sensible people will see trouble coming and avoid it, but an unthinking person will walk right into it and regret it later.
Pro 27:13 Any people stupid enough to promise to be responsible for a stranger's debts deserve to have their own property held to guarantee payment.
Pro 27:14 You might as well curse your friends as wake them up early in the morning with a loud greeting.
Pro 27:15 A nagging wife is like water going drip-drip-drip on a rainy day.
Pro 27:16 How can you keep her quiet? Have you ever tried to stop the wind or ever tried to hold a handful of oil?
Pro 27:17 People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron.
Pro 27:18 Take care of a fig tree and you will have figs to eat. Servants who take care of their master will be honored.
Pro 27:19 It is your own face that you see reflected in the water and it is your own self that you see in your heart.
Pro 27:20 Human desires are like the world of the dead---there is always room for more.
Pro 27:21 Fire tests gold and silver; a person's reputation can also be tested.
Pro 27:22 Even if you beat fools half to death, you still can't beat their foolishness out of them.
Pro 27:23 Look after your sheep and cattle as carefully as you can,
Pro 27:24 because wealth is not permanent. Not even nations last forever.
Pro 27:25 You cut the hay and then cut the grass on the hillsides while the next crop of hay is growing.
Pro 27:26 You can make clothes from the wool of your sheep and buy land with the money you get from selling some of your goats.
Pro 27:27 The rest of the goats will provide milk for you and your family, and for your servant women as well.


Father, thank you for reminding me this morning that human desires are like the world of the dead. Lord help me that my desires would be more on heavenly things and I pray that I will always be filled with Your Spirit that I may not go astray. Father give me a divine perspective of life that I may not be deceived by the wordly things. Teach me how to be a good steward of your resources and help me lean to your understanding not on my own. Examine me Oh Lord, that You may lead me to everlasting life. Teach me my Father that I may follow Your ways. Make me a person You want me to that You may use me for Your Kingdom and glory this I pray in the precious Name of Your Son Jesus Christ, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment