Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Renewing of mind


Jer 47:1 Before the king of Egypt attacked Gaza, the LORD spoke to me about Philistia.
Jer 47:2 He said: "Look! Waters are rising in the north and will rush like a river in flood. They will cover the land and everything on it, cities and the people who live there. People will call out for help; everyone on earth will cry bitterly.
Jer 47:3 They will hear the hoofbeats of horses, the clatter of chariots, the rumble of wheels. Parents will not turn back for their children; their hands will hang limp at their sides.
Jer 47:4 The time has come to destroy Philistia, to cut off from Tyre and Sidon all the help that remains. I, the LORD, will destroy the Philistines, all who came from the shores of Crete.
Jer 47:5 Great sorrow has come to the people of Gaza, and Ashkelon's people are silent. How long will the rest of Philistia mourn?
Jer 47:6 You cry out, 'Sword of the LORD! How long will you go on slashing? Go back to your scabbard, stay there and rest!'
Jer 47:7 But how can it rest, when I have given it work to do? I have commanded it to attack Ashkelon and the people who live on the coast."

Father God, I thank you today for giving me another life, another strength and another day that you made for me. Lord I praised you because you love me so much, so much that you gave your only Son Jesus to die for me, to save me from eternal punishment. Thank you Father for your unconditional love and this day, deliver me from any evil. Help me live a pure life today, that I may not be deceived by this world, that I may continually worship you in anything that I do. Oh God, I commit to you myself and all the things that I will do today. Help me to continually be transformed by the renewing of my mind. I rebuke any works of evil in Jesus name. Father help me to conitually use the power of the Holy Spirit, the same power you used when You raised Jesus from the dead. Oh my Lord, help me to be reminded of my position in Christ, that I am a child of God and the power of the enemy cannot tempt and deceive me because greater is You that lives in me than he that lives in this world. He cannot snatch me anymore from your hand because you are Mighty and powerful. Father all praises to you in Jesus Name I pray, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment